The physicians of BTHealth are dedicated to quality patient care. As a patient of a BTHealth physician, you will receive:
- Courteous, considerate, and respectful treatment at all times.
- Candid discussions of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your condition(s), regardless of cost or benefit options.
- The right to accept or refuse medical or surgical treatment.
- Access to preventive health care services and emergency care.
- Information about benefits, where and how to seek care, and the risks involved in treatment.
- Timely response to requests for services, inquiries, and complaints.
- Second opinions when medically appropriate.
- Titles and specialties of the health care professionals responsible for your care and the right to change to another doctor if you are not satisfied.
- Continuity of care if your doctor leaves your plan and you meet certain conditions.
- Health care services in a language you can understand and in a culturally sensitive way.
- Privacy and confidentiality regarding your medical and health conditions.
- The right to receive a copy of your medical records and to add your own notes to your records.
- Information regarding the medical group and health plan grievance procedures.
- The right to request an Independent Medical Review of a decision your health plan or medical group makes about your care.
- Recognition of your rights to make decisions regarding your medical care, and to complete an Advanced Directive, thereby extending your rights to any person who may make decisions on your behalf regarding your medical care.
- The right to make recommendations to your patient rights and responsibilities.
As your health care partner, we ask that you:
- Provide professional staff with all pertinent health care information needed to ensure the best possible medical outcome.
- Communicate with your primary care physician (PCP) when you have questions or concerns about your health care.
- Adhere to instructions and guidelines given for health care services.
- Cooperate with health care professionals providing services to you, except in those instances when you have exercised your right to refuse service.
- Assume responsibility for being aware of your health benefits and services and how to correctly obtain them.
If you have questions about your benefits, please call our Customer Service Department at 415-972-6002. You also may call your health plan’s member services department.